Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Patient Experience Consultant to work full time in their Patient and Family Experience Department.
The address is 612 East Lamar Blvd., Arlington, TX 76011.
Salary range is Minimum $27.91/hr. to Maximum $49.55/hr. – based on relevant experience
- Serves as knowledge, quality and process expert on patient experience improvement. Acts as point of contact for facilities and responds to patient experience inquiries related to measures, analysis, support and interventions. Plans and provides training, expert coaching and observation, knowledge assessment, and skill validation in patient experience improvement for all levels of the organization. Communicates all requirements and commitments for each project. Prepares and presents both oral and written reports and presentations on the progress of the facilities in meeting their patient experience goals. Aids in monitoring, reporting and analyzing patient experience data in order to identify priorities and opportunities for improvement, and reporting on findings to key stakeholders.
- Serves as a change agent on patient experience. Partners with directors and other coaches to establish and sustain Texas Health’s patient experience strategic plan. Adopts a proactive approach to identify risk to plan success. Develops and organizes tools, processes and procedures that can be utilized across the system to ensure positive patient experiences. In collaboration with Director, Service Excellence, interfaces with key leadership constituencies to help drive system performance. Applies evidence based knowledge of performance improvement, survey instruments and methodology to work.
- Leads, facilitates, or participates in facility patient experience teams and improvement activities as assigned or approved by director. Supports other teams’ work in relation to patient experience outcomes, and supports integration of process improvements across system.
- Other duties and functions as may be assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare, or related field required
- 3 years’ experience consulting or coaching evidence-based best practices in patient experience in a health care setting with demonstrated results in improving and sustaining patient satisfaction scores.
- Knowledge of H-CAHPS, experience in a hospital setting, experience working with Senior Leaders, and Analytical experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills – written and oral; communicating in an open, honest and objective manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders (including front line staff, senior management, department leaders, clinical staff and physicians) to creatively solve problems, guide and influence people, effectively manage time, operate as a self-starter by being proactive and assertive.
- Ability to develop and maintain a high level of expertise in the concepts, practice and evolution of service excellence by serving as a trusted subject matter expert and change agent.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines with excellent organizational and project management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in patient satisfaction data analysis, report preparation with the ability to deliver effective professional presentations to various groups in order to help motivate and inspire improvement.
- Requires knowledge of H-CAHPS, CG-CAHPS, and other such patient experience surveys in the public domain that impact public reporting and value-based reimbursement.
- Strong computer literacy and software experience – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to travel to all entity locations throughout the geographic service area covered by Texas Health Resources.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights:
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
- Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Process Improvements (Business)