Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for leaders who will provide guidance and developmental opportunities for their team, while ensuring organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for daily operations, including the oversight of processes, reporting, improvements and personnel. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Ensure the quality management system procedures and processes are implemented and maintained
- Oversee productivity, quality and safety standards in accordance with company needs and customer requirements
- Implement and maintain operational processes and procedures; prepare reports on performance and potential improvements
- Provide direction, development and leadership for the managers and supervisors
- Establish and meet site objectives in the areas of financial performance, safety, quality and customer service, while maintaining compliance with all applicable internal and external policies
- Provide accurate and timely submission of key quality, financial and safety reports
- Hire, train, develop and appraise staff effectively; take corrective action as necessary in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies
- Plan and coordinate plant activities with departmental managers and supervisors to ensure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master's degree
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in supply chain management in a distribution environment
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement experience
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a champion for consistently maintaining a safe work environment; able to lead by example and coach senior team members on properly enforcing safety practices
- Strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Working knowledge of financial accounting and human resources practices
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Complex Problem Solving