This is a PRN/as needed position typically covering vacation and/or sick time
Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
No late evenings, Sundays or holidays
Community Health Center Pharmacy Support Clerk
Cardinal Health Community Health Center programs are designed and created specifically for healthcare facilities. Our comprehensive suite of pharmaceutical solutions, allows us to address population health management needs across the continuum of care, from HRSA compliance to medication adherence. Serving the patient is our main priority, and that’s why our solutions improve patient access and increase quality of care.
Cardinal Health is looking for a highly motivated clerk to work in a company owned retail contract pharmacy. Pharmacy Support is responsible for performing clerical functions to support retail pharmacy business operations. The pharmacy clerk helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests and referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Seeking a customer and detail oriented individual with strong administrative and clerical skills to help implement and grow a new community healthcare center pharmacy
- Must have entrepreneurial spirit
- Must have a high degree of initiative
- Must be self-motivated and flexible to change
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone
- Answers questions and handles requests according to policy
- Refers inquiries to the pharmacist
- High school degree or equivalent
- Customer service skills
- Previous experience with sales, register, and healthcare preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Drive time to a location outside of the employee’s designated home store as identified in the job positing will be reimbursed at the employee’s hourly rate (and count as time worked) for the additional time needed to travel to such location (vs. time to travel to employee’s home store). Mileage will be reimbursed from home store location as determined by company travel system
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.