ConsultNet is actively recruting for a Vice President, Business IT, responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all Business IT functions for our client in Northern Virginia. This includes directing IT operations to meet management and organization requirements, as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications, and the development and implementation of new technical solutions. The Vice President Business IT creates a comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity strategy to advance the company's cyber posture in support of the customer's interests and security. This position will also be responsible for CRM, AX, client products, and Operations Center Tools.Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains IT Service Management processes and best practices for a broad customer base.
- Works across the organization to implement data protection and privacy strategies that protect our customer and employee data, but at the same time does not prevent progress within the business environment.
- Responsible for the technical planning and implementations of data security technology across multiple platforms.
- Monitors the industry landscape to keep visibility on evolutions, trends, and best practices related to data protection.
- Lead the IT team strategically and tactically in the security arena, particularly in the areas of encryption, data loss prevention and other data management technologies.
- Leads the development, implementation, integration and operations of new and existing platforms and systems to satisfy current and future business needs across our organization, and partnership brands.
- Leads the integration of cyber risk methodologies into a strategic cyber intelligence program.
- Identifies potential areas of vulnerability and risk, develops/implements guidelines and policies for resolution of problematic issues, and puts practices in place to mitigate risks in the future.
- Works with Management and engineers to develop an overall information technology strategy.
- Provides customer's strategy and execution as it relates to operational processes and technology needs.
- Evaluates new IT products or services; recommending changes to existing products or services for improved end user and customer best practices.
- Estimates labor for all projects.
- Helps qualify customer's existing infrastructure when considering new services.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science equivalent.
- 15+ years of professional experience in the field of Information Technology and Infrastructure.
- Leadership experience required with experience in managing staff and a proven track record of motivating, coaching, and developing team members.
- Demonstrated experience growing an IT department and setting strategic short- and long-term goals.
- Experience in implementing operational and process improvements for the organization.
- Must have advanced knowledge of IT infrastructure; hardware/software.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and keen attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of project management principles, organization, and follow-through skills.
- Up to date on emerging trends, and desire to learn new technologies.
- Proficiency with configuring security for Windows, Windows Server, networks, and firewalls.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at URL blocked - click to apply
Process Improvements (Business)