Manage the production of accurate and timely payroll for employees, deliver strong internal customer service, and communicate effectively while working in a deadline-driven environment in this exciting Payroll Administrator role with one of Robert Half Finance and Accounting clients. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Charleston, South Carolina area. Please apply right away!
- Note voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities
- Establish systems and protocols to direct the collection, calculation and entering of pay data
- Reinforce staff with wage deductions, fringe benefits, pay related issues, PTO accruals, and general questions related to payroll
- Ensure timely processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles
- Agree to current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting
- Join forces Information Technology, Human Resources, and other internal business partners to ensure security protocols for pay systems
- Handle quarterly and year-end payroll reports
- Direct regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger
- Manage data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leave
- Study fringe benefit reporting, pay practices related to FLSA, and other payroll areas to determine how those practices apply to advise management
- Prior practice in various withholdings, garnishments, and processing liens
- FPC or CPP will be vital
- 2+ years of payroll experience
- Knowledge in an HRIS system and high proficiency with spreadsheets
- Payroll systems for 100-500 employees experience desired
- Expertise in Costpoint (Deltek)
Email for details: Bryan.Thierfelder@roberthalf.com
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Fair Labor Standards Act
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Fundamental Payroll Certification