The EMT-P acts as an attendant on patient transports in accordance with Riverside Emergency Medical Services Systems Policies and Procedures; acts as a liaison between the patient and Emergency Room staff, the staff and the patient's family and other health care professionals. Readily assists team members to learn and understand new theories and treatments. May be asked to act as Shift Commander. May be asked to act as proctor for EMT-B/I/P students in the Riverside EMS system.
Work Schedule: Varies
- Completes daily and monthly duties with little supervision.
- Effectively communicates patient information to the hospital via the MERCI and cell phone utilizing the patient information communication sheet. (Radio Log sheet)
- EMT completes necessary forms with appropriate documentation
- EMT constantly promotes a positive attitude towards their job and promotes positive teamwork with peers.
- Is respectful and courteous to fellow team members.
- Provides patient care in a positive manner working as a team to better the patient outcomes.
- Responds to calls in a timely basis
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support