The Permasteelisa North America Finance &
Tax Department is looking for a highly motivated and qualified tax accountant
with 3+ years of public accounting or corporate tax experience. The primary responsibility of this role is to
prepare and review various schedules for corporate tax returns, including
federal and state income taxes, state annual reports, sales and use taxes, as
well as preparation of monthly tax provision calculations.
- Manage compliance by filing accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual returns in multiple jurisdictions (US and Canada)
- Preparation and review of income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740
- Work closely with external tax firm on tax provisions and deliverable due dates
- Assist in tax related audits and inquiries from taxing authorities (US and Canada)
- Provide planning and research of tax laws and current issues
- Understanding the nexus rules of the various taxing jurisdictions
- Prepare quarterly estimated taxes, extensions and related payment requests
- Recommend and implement compliance policies, procedures and controlsReconcile and support income statement and balance sheet tax account balances
- Support a system of internal controls (SOX) with respect to income tax compliance
- Assist in sales/use tax research and analysis, as required
- As an employee of the company, you must be involved in safety initiatives and programs such as the safety committee, safety inspections, evacuations and training. You must apply and follow all safety policies and procedures while integrating safety into your daily work.
- At Permasteelisa North America we are united by our shared values, which drive the way we conduct our business and ourselves: work with respect, deliver on commitment, embrace quality, inspire passion, and pursue growth. In a leadership role, you must incorporate values into performance objectives, model values, and provide daily coaching and mentoring of our values.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Accounting , Business, or other related field.
Professional Credentials: CPA and/or MBA preferred.
Computer Skills: Expert/proficient level in Excel required; SAP experienced preferred.
Work Experience: 3 years Accounting and Tax experience, experience in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
Other: Additional Qualifications – (1) be a strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines, (2) have strong verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail (3) have the ability to work with minimal direction (4) have the ability to work for extended periods of time to meet deadlines for special projects.
ADA: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criterias are met.
PNA is committed to workplace diversity and is an AA/EEO employer. The company participates in E-Verify.
Attention To Detail