To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Cloud Database Engineer
CoStar Group • Washington, DC
Posted 28 days ago
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of all aspects AWS Database Engines (RDS, DynamoDB) and/or Azure Database Engines (Managed Instances, Data Warehouse) including administration
- Include DB technology evaluation, guidance and consultation, design support, task automation and scripting, best practice and standards development, capacity planning, optimization and tuning, system upgrades and migrations, performance management, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, issue troubleshooting, and documentation.
- Deploy, configure, monitor and maintain databases in the production, development, and quality assurance environments.
- Understand AWS based architecture and closely work with DevOps, SecOps develop scripts to deploy and maintain environment.
- Work with Operations & Development team planning server/server-less resource requirement to decide proper size for specific application requirements and performance metrics.
- Process database change requests, including the creation and modification of databases, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, jobs, etc. in accordance with change control policies.
- Analyze problems, anticipate future problem areas and implement solutions.
- Work outside of normal business hours as required for completing projects, working on deployments and resolving system outages.
- Responsible for level 2 systems management and exercises project-level control over initiatives.
- Recommend and implement solutions for performance monitoring and tuning.
- Help administrating and integrating with Microsoft SQL Server so minimum MSFT SQL DBA skill is required
- Carries out assignments with minimal coaching and guidance from others.
- Develops, enhances and adheres to engineering and administration standards. Upholds and maintains strong documentation.
- To be placed on on-call rotation for a week every 3 months and respond to system alerts
- The ideal candidate will have experience with at least one of the Pubic Cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud Services and Azure experience.
- Cloud migration experience also a plus.
- Relational Database Management experience in the past is a plus.
- Excellent technical expertise in relevant state of the art data technologies, database warehouse data security, data systems, and its design. Able to formulate and present various solutions for business initiatives and discuss pros/cons for each option.
- Strong AWS experience
- Strong Cloud Database management experience (Redshift/Snowflake/Greenplum) Data warehouse or Data analytics
- Deep Knowledge of monitoring tools: Kibana, CloudWatch, DataDog, etc
- Deep Knowledge of automation tools & Scripts: , ELK, PRTG, Jenkins, Chef, Lamda, Terraform, Cloudfomation, Azure Automation, etc
- Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years’ experience in technical operations or software engineering
- +1 years experience with Linux Server platform
- 1-2 years of supporting a large data platform and data pipe-lining.
- 1-2 years of experience solving data engineering problems using technologies such as Spark, Solr.
- 1-2 or more years of experience with NoSQL data platforms like Spark, Solr, MongoDB, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, Cosmos DB,
- Experience with Data Warehouse technologies such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Azure Data Warehouse, etc are big plus.
- Expertise in database administration for large Data warehouse/datamart implementations including configuration, implementation, data modeling, maintenance, redundancy/HA/DR, security, troubleshooting/performance tuning, upgrades, database, data and server migrations, SQL
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing