The Project Manager provides direct support to project labor teams in the heavy, highway, infrastructure, site work, and concrete construction industry on projects ranging from $1 - $10 million.
Heavy Civil Construction General Contractor
- Manage overall project performance (scope, safety, quality, schedule, innovation, cost, and customer/owner satisfaction).
- Serve as the single point-of-contact, establishing, maintaining and managing customer/owner, and subcontractor expectations regarding overall project performance.
- Report project status and performance data to owner and team members
- Set-up job cost codes and budgets and approve invoices with job cost codes
- Ensure that project reporting is submitted on-time (Submittals, Minority, Progress, etc.)
- Review supplier and subcontractor quotes; Order materials for jobs using company's PO System
- Prepare schedules for jobs
- Attend job meetings including pre-construction, project, and staff meetings
- Assist with take-off for job proposals/bids
- Monitor quantities on completed work and prepare pay applications
- Expedite change order work and record invoices
- Prepare job contact list and project manual for field personnel
- Demonstrate appropriate people skills to facilitate smooth operation of the project
- Conduct thorough project closeouts and see that all paperwork and signoffs are completed as required
- 5 years of experience successfully managing DOT, heavy\highway\civil projects
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook and all forms of data entry
- Effective utilization of the internet as a research and information source
- Ability to organize information such as emails, files, etc. for easy access and recall
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to improve overall organization efficiency
depends on experience
BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management