With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
The Lab QA Specialist will act as the Charge person to ensure that the workflow of the Lab moves at a pace to meet established time frames. Performs as bench Medical Technologist as needed. Responsible for new equipment installation and assures the validation of the new equipment. The position requires the troubleshooting for equipment and maintenance/calibration/verification records as well as problem solving for patient results. He/She generates QC/QA reports with the help of the department lead tech’s on a monthly basis. The position requires daily monitoring of QC for shifts and trends in all departments. Trains and maintains competency records for employees. Resolves patient care issues. Works closely with management to ensure that the standards for CAP, AABB, OSHA, TJC, and CLIA are consistently done and maintained. Attends QA and other meetings as assigned.
- Minimum Education Associated degree is required with successful completion of MLT program. Bachelors’ degree including successful completion of an accredited MT program is preferred.
- Minimum Experience Three years experience in All areas of the Laboratory.
- License, Certification, Registration Certification at MT/MLT by American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or equivalent within one year of hire. MT preferred.
- Equipment/Tools Clinical laboratory instrumentation
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills Knowledge of general lab functions: Hematology, Chemistry, Special Chemistry, Urinalysis, Serology, Blood Banking, Microbiology, and Coagulation. Working knowledge of requirements of Lab Quality Assurance and Point of Care testing per NCCLs, CAP, and TJC. Knowledge of or experience with concepts and principles to total quality management, team process and change theory.
- Supervisory Responsibilities As assigned by Manager
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
[ Link removed ]
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply or [ Phone number blocked ] - ||
Product Quality Assurance