Electrical EngineerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Part of the Drive Product team, you will work in Motion Business Area in New Berlin, Wisconsin, creating and evaluating the design of equipment, systems or installations, including specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction. In this role you will utilize your extensive skills and technical expertise to head up a variety of design projects.This position reports to
Product Engineering Team LeadYour responsibilities
- Main owner of circuit designs, power electronics, and PCBAs(Printed Circuit Board Assembly) for products which USABB PE has product ownership
- Monitor designs for product improvements, analyze and perform corrective actions for field quality issues. Write and implement ECNs (Engineering Change Notification) related to these issues
- Maintain schematic and PCB (Printed Circuit Board) design files, bills of materials, approved vendor lists, and manufacturing files for product responsible designs
- Perform complex testing to validate designs, qualify critical components and verify agency compliance
- Coordinate design changes at the product platform level with the Global Product Engineering Team
- Drive quality improvement and cost reduction activities for product responsible designs
More about us
- Bachelor degree in engineering (electrical or electronics engineering preferred) with 5+ years’ experience in circuit design required.
- Ability to use advanced test equipment like oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and environmental chambers. Knowledge of testing at voltages from 230-600V and a strong motivation to put safety first is required.
- Familiarity with agency requirements such as UL (Underwriters Laboratories), CSA, CE, OSHPD, etc is required.
- Confidence to make recommendations, able to gather and analyze data, and present findings to the local and global PE teams is required.
- Proficient with schematic capture and PCB layout software. Experience with PADS Logic and Layout highly desirable. Experience with SAP and Excel VB preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of power electronics relating to motor control and AC motor drives highly preferred.
- PCB design including thyristor and IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor) control, flyback power supplies, and multilayer PCBAs highly preferred
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives. With our products, global scale and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Engineer http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Engineer
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Hybrid
- Circuit Design
- Cost Reduction
- Data Analysis
- Electrical Engineering