Director of Surgical Services
Location Address: 410 S 11th St, Lake Wales, FL 33853
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Lake Wales
- A historic community with a hometown family feel; voted “friendliest small town in FL”
- Surrounded by golf courses, beautiful lakes, and outdoor adventures
- The facility is just 20 minutes away from LEGOLAND Florida
- Faith-based work environment
- Great benefits
- 40 hours a week - Monday - Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates responsible decision making in planning, providing, and delegating care based on assessment of patient population.
- Communicates effectively. Establishes and maintains two way communication with peers, staff, physicians and administration.
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional manner.
- Follows through on problems that may compromise patient care by using the appropriate chain of command.
- Cooperates well with peers and supports group decisions.
- Communicates appropriate information to charge nurse/supervisor/manager in a timely manner.
- Documents accurately and timely according to guidelines.
- Maintains a clear, neat and safe environment for patients and staff.
- Insures supplies and equipment for patient care are readily available and organized in an efficient manner.
- Correctly identifies and uses appropriately personal protective equipment.
What You Will Need:
- Current RN licensure in the State of Florida
- Current BLS or within 30 days of employment
- Current ACLS or within 30 days of employment
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BS or Master’s degree in nursing (Preferred)
- Minimum five years clinical experience in area of specialty or related clinical field (preferred)
The Director is the designated leader for specific nursing units. He/She is responsible for the patient population and assigned staff. The Director plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the unit activities. He/She provides direction, support and guidance to the assistant nurse managers and aids in their development both clinically and managerially. 24 hour accountability of units.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Registered Nurse Certified
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)