We have an exciting opportunity for a Chef Automation Engineer with our industry-leading client in San Francisco.
We will accept corp to corp or w2 contractors. For our w2 consultants, we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.
Responsibilities of the Chef Automation Engineer:
- Engages and collaborates with other Chef engineers & Product Teams in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues in system design/execution as related to the Chef Architecture
- Participates in the distribution of support tasks among the members of the Chef team
- Takes active ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements
- Drives an excellent customer experience with each engagement
- Participate in the design of new or changing Chef cookbooks
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
- Build, maintain, and support enterprise production systems with a business mindset, keeping an eye towards simplicity, reliability, maintainability, scalability, extensibility, performance, and minimum downtime
- Understand and deliver on key business objective: Deliver a seamless CI/CD solution on Azure
- Partner with technical teams to identify, prioritize, and implement operational and production systems improvements
Requirements of the Chef Automation Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field (Employer will accept 1 year of related experience for each year missing towards the required four-year bachelor's degree)
- 6+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows architectures.
- 3+ years experience with system and application services scripting and general programming languages.
- Additional scripting or programming language exposure and experience a bonus.
- Previous experience working in technical support and in an administrative capacity with infrastructure automation platforms such as Chef or equivalent
- Passion for learning, collaborating with others and being an all-around customer advocate. A love for debugging complex technical issues at every level of a modern application stack.
- Experience with automation tools (preferably Chef)
- Experience with version control (e.g. GitHub)
- Willingness to innovate, adapt and try new technologies
- Experience with Unix platforms, system administration skills in UNIX
- Familiarity with agile and scrum project management
- 2 + years cloud infrastructure experience in MS Azure
Keywords: DevOps, Automation Engineer, Chef Automation Engineer, scrum, project manager, project management, unix, azure, git, GitHub, Chef, Linux
Job ID: 320634
About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients’ innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don’t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a URL blocked - click to apply!
Java (Programming Language)