To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chenega Corporation • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
CHENEGA DECISION SCIENCES, LLC
Company Job Title:Helpdesk Manager
Top SecretLocation: Washington, D.C.
Director of Operations
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Helpdesk Manager leads a team that provides the services, staff, and expertise to operate and maintain Helpdesk functions including ticketing, and system and operational support and troubleshooting onsite or remotely as required by Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive monitoring and performance management of CA servers to include analysis of CPU utilization, memory utilization, I/O, network interfaces, and applications and services that degrade server performance
- Perform CA system health checks and provide proactive monitoring and response to alerts generated by the Enterprise Event Management and Monitoring capability
- Performing network monitoring leveraging LAN and WAN monitoring capabilities and IRM-provided tools
- Monitor and manage all systems and network performance in accordance with Government-provided Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Provide capacity management of servers, proactively monitoring usage and allocating necessary resources to the environment to avoid performance impact and/or outages.
- Perform backups and restores.
- Provide troubleshooting, diagnostic and resolution support for agency-hosted applications.
- Patch servers using DoS-authorized patches
- Coordinate with participating government and non-Government resources to support and resolve HW and SW problems.
- Coordinate and support production troubleshooting efforts with other Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams for CA systems
- Conferring with DoS Bureaus that deploy and provide GOTS applications (COAST, GSD Tracker, eForms) to support and resolve problems when required.
- Interacting directly with IRM support groups as directed, to provide a single point of accountability and information relative to outages.
- This position does not have formal supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of Helpdesk/Desktop Support experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certifications in the following:
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- NetIQ AppManager/Sentinel/NOC
- Top Secret clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards and strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, networks and PC operating systems
- Ability to properly apply STIGS as needed
- Familiarity with SCCM, WSUS, and SHAVLIK, and other patching tools
- Ability to understand IAVAs and remediate issues as needed
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.