Have you always wanted to work in a dynamic, fast moving startup, but were put off by the associated risk? M&T Bank has an exciting opportunity to work in a startup environment with support from one of the strongest, most successful companies in the U.S. financial services industry. This venture is uniquely positioned to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar financial services industry. Through the application of cutting-edge technology, product advantages and deep market relationships, we will provide a smart digital experience for our yet to be disclosed target market. All of us are entrepreneurs at heart, seeking to move quickly and nimbly in order to find new ways of delivering value to our customers. Is this an exciting adventure that you'd like to be part of? Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Build responsive, mobile friendly web applications, and software products
- Create REST/GraphQL based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Complete and oversee basic to complex systems analysis, design and development. Play a key role as an individual contributor on complex projects. Maintain an excellent functional understanding of the supported application(s).
- Direct and monitor less experienced resources and coordinate development tasks on small to large scope projects.
- Prepare and manage the technical component of project plans.
- Participate with other Development, operations and Technology staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
- Prepare and review test data and execute detailed test plans. Complete any required debugging.
- Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms. Provide highly analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives.
- Prepare thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and update systems documentation. Prepare charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems. Review documentation prepared by less experienced staff.
- Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
- Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications.
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. May lead or participate in technical evaluations of vendor software.
- Follow and promote use of development standards and procedures.
- Maintain a good understanding of the business being supported and its functions, processes, operations and strategic direction.
- May assist in developing expense and capital budgets.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities.
We are looking for an experienced technology lead to manage the application end-to-end and to ensure the venture's vision for product development is executed upon. The full stack Developer will work closely with other functional leads, such as product and design, to build and evolve venture technologyEducation and Experience Required:
Minimum of an Associate's degree and 5 years' systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 7 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years' systems analysis/application development experience
Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent project management, word processing and spreadsheet software
Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature
Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
Strong verbal and written communication skills, with prior experience presenting to the target audience
Strong organizational and time management skills
Strong lateral thinking skills
Experience coordinating between Applications and business units
Experience recommending and implementing systems solutions
Experience driving project milestones and delivery datesEducation and Experience Preferred:
Good understanding of the Bank's application framework
Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported
Advanced understanding of applications supported with a sound knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
Ability to multitask for various components of complex projects
Advanced knowledge and focus of the entire system to work on projects outside of normal business-as-usual (BAU)
Complex Problem Solving