To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
- U.S. Facilities, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Building Engineer - DIV34
US Facilities Inc • Richmond, VA
Posted 1 month ago
U.S. Facilities, Inc., a consolidated building maintenance services company, is seeking experienced, highly motivated Building Engineer to work in the Richmond VA area. The Building Engineer is responsible for the daily operations, routine and preventative maintenance of the property. USF Building Engineers are not only good at mechanical and troubleshooting, but they are employees who communicate well, interact well with the on-site management team, fellow engineering staff, and the tenants of the building. They are motivated and willing to get the job done right.
- Responsible for assisting the Engineering team in the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building systems.
- Building systems include HVAC, water treatment, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying.
- Develops skills in installing, fabrication, constructing, and troubleshooting and repairing complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Receives work assignments, plans work to be performed, and obtains necessary tools, equipment and materials; Completes assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment being serviced and employs service procedures and techniques indicative of first-class work. Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventive maintenance and loss control programs.
- Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools.
- Responsible for the care of assigned equipment, tools and uniforms
- Responsible for keeping the shop, penthouse equipment rooms, related mechanical areas and common area clean, organized and safe.
- Follows operational and safety procedures and demonstrated the ability to follow established mechanical/electrical system(s) operating sequences.
- Inspects all areas of the building(s) and reports deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement.
- Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs.
- Project a positive appearance and attitude at all times.
- Demonstrate exemplary tenant relations, team spirit and respect of others
- Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspecting work and generating deficiency lists.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (e.g., snow, and ice removal), power outages and other situations including clean-up activities, if other contracted personnel are not available.
- Pursue employee development objectives recommended by Chief Engineer and Facilities Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
May be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth above to address business needs and changing business practices.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be a good communicator (written and oral) with the ability to interact with other professionals, clients, administrative staff, and support staff.
- Electrical experience in Corporate Center environments
- State Journeyman license or equivalent awarded by regulator agency or union preferred
- 5+ years related work experience in Corporate Center environment, including supervisory experience.
- Valid Driver's License required
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen