Job ID: 55321
EPMO Standards Lead - 55321
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
- Work with the EPMO staff to establish process standards and best practices for Enterprise Project Management (EPM) projects (typically over 700 Electric (Generation, Transmission/Distribution, and Renewables) and Natural Gas (Compression, Transmission/Distribution, and Storage)
- Projects totaling up to (USD)1B annually) covering the project lifecycle from project initiation through planning, execution, monitoring, control and closeout
- Develop EPMO standards documentation for assigned areas of responsibility, ensuring compliance with our Document Lifecycle Management (DLM) standards
- Interact with other business units, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Project Managers and Project Controls teams to gather expertise for inclusion, adaption and alignment of process and best practices with supporting organizations such as Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and Corporate Departments.
- Work with the supporting organizations to identify, research, analyze and resolve standards issues and provide guidance on EPMO standards.
- Utilize industry best practices on project methodologies, technologies and EMPO effectiveness for continuous improvement.
- Establish methods to assess project compliance with the EPMO process standards.
- This is NOT an Information Technology PMO position.
- Significant complex project experience, preferably in energy utility or construction
- Significant risk management and mitigation experience is necessary to recognize potential issues and recommend corrective actions for success
- Experience with contracts and procurement management for projects
- Ability to facilitate a mixed group of stakeholders to identify process requirements and drive to consensus on process standards
- Technical writing expertise for the development of process, work instructions, job aids, and other related documentation
- Ideally, 10+ years of related Project Management and/or Project Controls experience
- Construction Project Management
- Project Lifecycle
- Supply Chain
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or related field required
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent required Certified Cost Professional (CCP) or equivalent preferred Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP) or equivalent preferred Certified Cost Estimating Professional (CEP) or equivalent preferred.
- This position may be required to occasionally travel to other company locations. Reliable transportation is required.
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn’t that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We’re doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
• Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
• Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
• Long Term Disability (100% paid)
• Life Insurance (100% paid)
• 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First “Fast 50” award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: URL blocked - click to apply and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: URL blocked - click to apply
You can also follow us on Twitter at: URL blocked - click to apply
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: URL blocked - click to apply