Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
“It's selling a concept, which to me is rewarding in itself, but even more so when the care provided provides comfort, peace and family synergy in an often very emotional, trying time.”
-Molly, Hospice Care Consultant
At Compassus, you are not selling a product; you are offering a gift of great value – the gift of comfort, support, peace and dignity to patients and families facing serious and life-limiting illnesses.
Our sales team informs healthcare providers and community members about the benefits of hospice, palliative, and home health care to ensure individuals receive care that aligns with their personal values and preferences, regardless of their condition. Successful sales colleagues consistently expand access to quality patient-focused care in their communities.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of patients and families? Join our team today as a Home Health Care Consultant to positively impact the experience of our patients and families.
The Home Health Care Consultant, under the direction of the Hospice Area Market Executive and Sales Director, is responsible for sourcing admissions through direct community contacts which educate healthcare providers and the general public about the Home Health Program.
- Represent Compassus positively and professionally within the community
- Maintain a relationship with all referral sources to make sure we are meeting their needs, as well as those of the patients, families, support staff, etc.
- Provide accurate information regarding Home Health services in response to inquiries by healthcare providers and the general public
- Prepare and conduct calls and presentations to potential referral sources
- Coordinate with clinical management staff in planning in-services and presentations, and in addressing issues with referral sources
- Initiate and coordinate contract negotiations with facilities, insurance companies, and managed care organizations
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency in skills related to public relations, marketing, and negotiation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned territory as required
- Must be able to relate to and work with the disabled, ill, elderly and emotionally upset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business, or health-related field preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in health- care marketing preferred. Must have a valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Clinic Management Systems