Vaco Indianapolis is working with a client on the north side of Indy who is looking for a Manager of Financial Reporting with prior P&C insurance industry experience.
Manager of Financial Reporting
We are searching for a professional Manager of Financial Reporting with prior property and casualty (P&C) insurance industry experience to join our Accounting group. Responsible for adhering to accounting policies and procedures involving the maintenance of the general ledger, analysis of balance sheet accounts and financial reporting. Under general direction, is responsible for preparing journal entries in the general ledger, analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts, accurate and timely financial reporting and financial management reporting. You will take pride in being part of a team that sets high standards and makes quality its priority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the GAAP monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process
- Reconciles accounts, maintains supporting schedules, records journal entries for multiple entities
- Analyzes general ledger accounts (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) to identify trends, errors and issues and provide analysis
- Assists with external audits, providing data requests/audit documentation
- Assists with the implementation of accounting systems and control procedures
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operations; recommends improvements.
- Assists with related special projects as required
- Interacts with all levels of management, customers and vendors
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of accounting experience preferred
- CPA or MBA are desirable
- Experience with a P&C insurance carrier or related insurance services provider preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of the current accounting rules and guidelines
- Attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prepare reports/schedules for analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially Microsoft Excel
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles