DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Associate
Job Posting Title: Maintenance Associate
The General Maintenance Associate is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient condition of the facility and equipment. Will perform maintenance and complete simple repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, mechanical, electrical or custodial. The General Warehouse Associate will be required to perform other job assignments as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintaining the condition of the building and equipment. Will perform general maintenance and complete simple repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, mechanical, electrical, or custodial. May be required to assist other departments in the Operation. Will rely on instructions and pre-established procedures to perform daily job tasks.
- Preventative Maintenance responsibilities include but not limited to executing and maintaining preventative maintenance systems for the building and equipment. Will perform routine and long-term preventative maintenance on building and equipment systems to keep them at optimum operating levels. Collaborate with site management on routine inspections including but not limited to material handling equipment, heating and cooling systems, mechanical and electrical, and plumbing.
- Facility Maintenance and Repair responsibilities include but not limited to inspecting, maintaining, and repairing the building and equipment. Will ensure the daily operation of all building and material handling equipment. Responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting any building or equipment problems.
- Safety responsibilities include but not limited to identifying, reporting and correcting any safety hazards. Will ensure a safe work site when conducting repairs or maintenance.
- Will assist in identifying the source of problems as they arise and make recommendations for resolution. Inspect, diagnose and make emergency repairs to all equipment and furnishings within the facility. Use judgment and discretion in determining the methods and priorities of work assignments and repairs.
- To perform assigned duties, the equipment used can include but are not limited to: sit-down, stand-up, reach truck, sweeper scrubber, scissor lift, cherry picker, or pallet jack. Operates common hand or power tools. Will adhere to the Basic Safety Forklift Guidelines while operating all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods. Will maintain an active forklift certification.
- Perform or assist in grounds maintenance as assigned.
- Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance. (1) Will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety; (2) Responsible for organization and cleanliness of warehouse and work area; (3) Will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety and work rules, and OSHA/MSDS Standards.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
•Performs other duties as required
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must have at least one year of general facilities, systems maintenance and repair work experience and/or other training; will consider an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Vocation or technical training in one or more related trades is preferred.
- Prior experience using material handling equipment is preferred.
- Must be able to work as assigned outside and in a warehouse environment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Must have working knowledge about specific methods, practices and tools related to facilities and systems maintenance and repair in areas such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, mechanical systems.
- Must have basic reading and writing skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot general maintenance and service problems.
- Ability to read and follow manufacturer's instruction manuals.
- Ability to spot problems or potential problems and take initiative to correct them.
- Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or within a group.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to pass site specific forklift certifications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to cold, warm, hot humidity weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
I understand that I am responsible for adhering to DSV Safety and Quality programs in performing the essential functions assigned on this job description. I understand that I am responsible for complying with and incorporating safety, quality, and performance into my job.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Associate. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Maintenance Associate
Aerial Work Platforms