Apex Systems is recruiting a Program Manager for our client at their Wilmington, Delaware or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania locations.
The candidate will manage the planning, organizing and implementation of complex strategic programs (highly visible initiatives crossing multiple disciplines, businesses, and/or organizations). S/he will:
- Manage multiple project streams from original concept through final implementation.
- Direct and control all work performed at a high level, monitors the critical path and implements appropriate corrective actions.
- Recognize and communicate broad implications of issues and risks; applies a disciplined decision model in making decisions.
- Manage client relations to ensure service expectations are developed and met.
- Be responsible for assuring the assembly of multiple matrixed project teams, including identification and securing of high level resources needed from other disciplines and/or organizations.
- Assign responsibilities based upon the program plan.
- Manage a capital budget associated with multiple initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance as needed and influences the program direction and scope.
- Champion current project management standard processes and ensures compliance to quality assurance policies.
- Require high end user interaction.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing key projects in the Contract Management Work stream and Policy and Procedures in order to execute the strategy of the Global Supply Chain Management Team by comprehensive project management. This includes a. Maintaining all project plans, project cadence and communicating progress, running meetings and noting action items, tracking issues or changes, and driving them to resolution, escalating road blocks, and communicating to project team and stakeholders in a clear and consistent manner.
- Take lead with liaising internal/external stakeholder groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specifications.
- Manage communications with the stakeholders at a detailed functional level, discuss/resolve issues, a manage expectations and delivery program deliverables on time.
- Conduct status meetings and facilitates issues resolution and risk mitigation.
- Provide project level reporting to senior management, customers and other stakeholders.
- Coordinating smaller work efforts and larger work efforts.
- Assist with senior level presentations and other communications.
- Proactively identifies issues with a project or across projects. Escalates and resolves these issues as needed.
- Broad understanding of business analysis, UML, prototyping, negotiating SOWs, and business process modeling tools.
- Meets with product owners to understand the strategic vision & prioritize the projects accordingly.
- Reviews project plans, work breakdown structures, risk plans, estimates, and other project documentation written by junior staff to ensure they adhere to company and group standards.
- Defines/improves processes by working with SEPG and other groups.
- Facilitates, mobilizes and aligns resources across functional areas and makes team accountable for commitment.
- Bachelors Degree required
- PMP certification or 5+ years project management Contract Management/Policy/Procurement experience preferred
- Strong-problem solving, organizational and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- MS Project preferred, Excel, PPT required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Business Process Modeling