Experis Engineering is seeking a Lab Specialist III with a background in oilfield related sample testing for a long term contract opportunity on the West side of Houston, TX.
Under direct supervision, performs testing in scientific research environment. May participate in customer interface with team leader. Communicates results through reporting and presentation to various groups. Handles special projects, as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
* Conducts laboratory testing of wellbore fluids, additives, and oilfield-related samples using analytical instrumentation, including but not limited to: GC-MS, HPLC, IC, ICP, FTIR, SEM, XRD and XRF.
* Writes technical reports to present results of experimentation and interpretation of findings.
* Performs calibration, routine maintenance and basic troubleshooting of laboratory equipment.
* Adheres to QMS (Quality Management System) requirements and contributes ideas for continuous improvement of laboratory practices. Organizes and maintains the laboratory for effective experimentation.
* Operates safely in the laboratory environment. Knowledgeable of the chemical hygiene plan and the current laboratory safety standards.
* Participates in customer/vendor interactions and technical exchanges. * Execution of various projects, processes and/or initiatives supporting identified strategic direction.
* Updates Management on project status, opportunities, challenges, etc.
* Bachelors Degree or educational equivalent
* 6 years relevant experience
* Drivers License
* Ability to obtain US Passport for international travel preferred
* Able to legally work full time in the United States
* Able to speak, understand, write and read the English language
* Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Basic working knowledge of computers, internet and email
* Polished individual, professional appearance and demeanor
* Punctuality, maturity, poise and professionalism
* Commitment to excellence and high standards
* Ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization as well as vendors, other professionals, customers and industry professionals in a professional and dignified manner
* Ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels within the organization
* Self motivated and ability to excel with directed supervision
* Knowledge of drilling fluids composition, usage, design and application
* Strong interpersonal skills, both with external customers and internal employees
* Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic thinker
* Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrate innovation and continuous quality improvement
* Serve as a positive role model to laboratory personnel
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)
X Ray Fluorescence
Scanning Electron Microscope
Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
Hardworking And Dedicated