To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Columbus, OH
Posted 2 months ago
Title: Data Architect
Location: Columbus, OH
Contract to hire
Apex Systems is currently seeking a data architect our clients Data Technology organization. In this role you will lead a team dedicated to pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation using data technology as a lever. As the Data Architect, you will report to the Manager of Data Architecture, and work closely with the Chief Data & Analytics Office organization to enable and inform the business and technology strategies for our long-term data strategy and vision for the company.
If you consider data as a strategic asset, evangelize the value of good data and insights, are an experienced thought-leader in data ecosystems, have deep understanding of data architecture, and love building data solutions, this role is for you.
You will be responsible for partnering with colleagues to develop the enterprise Data Strategy, Architecture and Data Integration vision, enabling the future of data and analytics. You will provide leadership and direction to ensure comprehensive and coherent views across the business and technology organizations. You will contribute to the establishment of the enterprise data architecture patterns, support development of data architecture standards, and enable delivery of data and analytics solution for the bank.
- Work with Data Technology group, Chief Data & Architecture Office and business partners to define the future state vision for the data ecosystem, along with associated business value and strategic opportunities
- Design and define the data enterprise solution architecture based on future state vision and enterprise policies, standards and guidelines
- Develop solutions to take advantage of advancements in technology while continuing to build the foundation of data to enable future analytics solutions
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the enterprise solution architecture
- Understand current state data architectures and associated organization, processes, technology and data aspects
- Develop a strategic road map to evolve the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state, as defined by the enterprise solution architecture
- Determine necessary interim state data architectures to move towards future state vision while minimizing cost, avoiding unnecessary impact, and managing risk
- Define and lead the implementation of an enterprise solution architecture, based on enterprise business requirements, and IT non-functional standards
- Assist with managing technology risk and currency for existing data and analytics systems
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies and approaches
- Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
- Define guiding principles to inform enterprise solution decisions
- Design and direct governance activities associated with ensuring enterprise solution architecture compliance
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
- Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience in related field, or equivalent professional certification
- At least 7 years of experience in architecting and building data solutions
- At least 5 years of experience in multiple enterprise information technology areas, with experience in at least two disciplines including: cloud architecture, data architecture, information architecture, business intelligence, big data, enterprise architecture, solution architecture, integration architecture, service-oriented architectures, system architecture, modern data architecture, or enterprise application architecture
- Expertise in defining, documenting, visualizing and explaining architectural concepts and designs
- Experience with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman EAO, ITIL, PRINCE2, FEAF and/or COBIT
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers, analysts, and business staff throughout the organization
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written) and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, business leaders, and subject matter experts using strong presentation skills
- Collaborative problem-solving and consensus-building skills, with business and technology partners
- Possess strong analytical, written, and oral communication capabilities, including experience with Visio and PowerPoint
- At least 3 years of experience as a data solution architect
- At least 3 years of experience in financial services, specifically retail banking, commercial banking or credit card
- Experience with modern data architectures and technologies including real-time ingestion, stream processing, machine learning, advanced analytics, self-service dashboards, unstructured data, NoSQL, data lakes, analytical sandboxes, cloud/hybrid, agile development, and dev-ops
- Architecture experience across the business, technology, data, application, and infrastructure domains
- Able to multi-task with strong time management and prioritization skills
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178