Location Name: ,
Relevant Experience Level:
- Driving a tank truck or tractor/trailer to transport crude and petroleum products between LACT units, well site sells tanks, etc., taking all required readings and measurements before and after crude oil is loaded, recording readings and measurements including volume estimates on crude oil tickets and leaving copies for lessee or producer.
- Performing proper measurement; knowing and demonstrating the importance of good measurement practices.
- Performing pre-trip inspections on equipment following all Tesoro Safety Policies and DOT regulations.
- Checking truck for general operating requirements, ensuring that all required equipment is available and in good operating condition, documenting inspection and identifying any deficiencies on pre-trip inspection forms.
- Performing and documenting post trip inspection appropriately and accurately, completing all regulatory and customary paperwork. Maintaining all DOT required documentation, crude oil tickets, etc.
- Ensuring truck is full of fuel, windows, mirrors and cab interior are clean, and all equipment is ready for service for the next shift. Interface with mechanics in a courteous manner to relay problems or accept direction.
- Following, maintaining and adhering to all safety rules, DOT regulations and operating procedures for loading facilities, unloading stations and customer premises.
- Serving as an ambassador for Tesoro by operating equipment in a safe and professional manner, obeying all traffic laws and driving courteously and professionally at all times.
The following qualifications are required for consideration for this position:
- Current Commercial Driver's License, with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements required, Double/Triple endorsement required
- Experience related to crude oil trucking and loading and unloading crude oil is strongly desired, but similar relevant experience may be considered.
- Successful candidates will likely have off-road and extreme cold weather trucking experience, as up to 85% of driving is off-road; this is NOT a long haul trucking position.
- Clean driving record (no DUI/DWI in previous 5 years).
- DOT drug and alcohol screening, DOT physical, 10 year FMCSA employment and safety background and 7 year criminal background check.
- Passing Road Test and demonstrating proficiency operating an 18-speed truck.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, measuring and mathematical skills, and strong computer proficiency are all required for success in this position.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) is a large-scale geographically-diversified and highly -integrated refining, marketing and midstream company. MPC is the nation's largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of more than 3 million barrels per calendar day in its 16-refinery system. MPC's high-quality, nationwide retail and marketing business includes approximately 3,900 company-owned and -operated stores and 7,800 branded locations. MPC owns the general partners of MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, two strong, customer-focused midstream master limited partnerships.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, URL blocked - click to apply.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at Email blocked - click to apply. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in URL blocked - click to apply. Right to Work Statement URL blocked - click to apply or URL blocked - click to apply.