Job Title: Automation Test Architect Engineer
Introduction to the role:
The Automation Test architect will be responsible for delivering the complete automation test infrastructure for Cepheid product software, while adhering to the best automation practices/principles. He/She will coach our automation test engineers to be the best in class automation engineers, and will be continuously looking for improvements to ensure high standards for automation. You will use your strong technical background to work with product management and engineering to define test strategies, organize testing processes, and optimize system level testing through creative and comprehensive test methods. Applies analytical skills and independent judgement in resolving software issues in coordination with software engineers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Software Test Architecture for Cepheid Software Platform.
- Hands- on programming and development as well as implementation of automation scripts.
- Responsible for developing automation framework for Cepheid products.
- Responsible for ensuring sanity of design and quality, delivering high quality results on time.
- Provides leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels.
- Develops solid understanding of Danaher Business System tools and applies to day-to-day work.
- Ensure compliance to organizational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Refactor the existing automation infrastructure to deliver a stable and scalable automation architecture for API/UI/Mobile needs
- As a subject matter expert, architect and develop automation infrastructure that can span our development delivery models
- Strategic leadership role in test design, execution and providing key project deliverables.
- Created test estimates and define reusable testing assets
- Drive towards a high pass-rate of automated tests execution laying out a path of reliability and consistency in results
- Be research savvy and be a subject matter expert of current industry-wide quality & test processes, tools and technologies.
- Perform assessments (POCs), develop solutions and proposals to lead the automation development strategy and implementation into new technologies that would help maximize quality in across all Cepheid products
- Support Test automation staff through training, mentoring and problem solving
- Work with cross-functional teams (Architects, Developers, QA, Devops) in test automation activities across the organization.
- Streamline automation suites both front-end and back-end, in a continuous integration pipeline.
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes
Education or Experience (in years):
- 8+ years’ experience in software testing or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience architecting test automation frameworks.
- A passion for quality and automation.
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies.
- Tenacity and technical brilliance to provide highly-credible leadership to automation teams.
- Ability to make the important trade-offs between perfection and complexity
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and deploying automation frameworks across UI, API and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing and documenting software test automation frameworks over various platforms,Server, Web and native Mobile
- Experience in test frameworks and tools like Junit, TestNG, Appium, JMeter, Selenium, Cucumber
- Strong knowledge and experience with OOP, preferably Java
- Experience with writing test scripts using web service protocols such as REST, HTTP, XML, and JSON.
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Problem Solving, process improvement and coaching
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis
- Strong knowledge with code coverage tools and metric
- Able to work in an office environment
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
- Experience working as a software test automation lead engineer completing verification testing on a safety-critical regulated product (i.e. med device)
- Experince in Medical device industry is a plus
- Experience working in fast-paced environments and successfully working on multiple products simultaneously as test lead engineer on a complete software system.
- Experience with Accessibility, API and/or Performance testing
- Experience building automation frameworks and/or test infrastructure from scratch, with writing and running automation scripts and summarizing results in the context of the system as a whole.
- Passionate about testing, improving healthcare, and the future of connected devices technology
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, with meticulous attention to detail that extends beyond written and verbal communication.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.
Java Script (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)