SECURITAS SECURITY-THE LEADER IN CONTRACT SECURITY WITH OVER 150 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE INDUSTRY
is seeking individuals to fill customer service oriented security guard openings. Interested job seekers should possess strong customer service skills, with both a friendly and professional demeanor. If helping others is your passion, and you would like to grow your career with a collaborative and supportive company, we want to talk to YOU!
PAY: $12-$13 per hour
HOURS: Full-time 2nd, 3rd, and 1st/3rd split shifts
LOCATIONS: Burr Ridge, Bedford Park, and Palos Heights
Why Join Securitas you as ask?
We make the process easy! We provide clear training paths and development tools for all our employees, from security officers to management.
For questions about this opportunity or others, please give us a call at
- paid vacation time
- Extensive training programs
- Dedicated Region and Area Management staff to support you!
- Career growth opportunities!
- Company Paid Uniforms!!
- WEEKLY PAY CYCLE!!!
CAREER & EDUCATION ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Securitas LEAD (Learning, Education, and Development) Program:
- We have partnered with Purdue Global University to provide affordable education opportunities for careers in security, public safety, criminal justice, business, fire science, informative technology, or emergency management
- Online education offering 4 different certificate programs consisting of four 10-week courses per program
- Securitas Security Services will pay 90% of the cost!!! *must be able to meet eligibility requirements*
TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor facility- temperature checks
- Patrols premises- conduct walking patrols
- Reports suspicious activity
- Responds in emergency situations
- Preserves order
- The ability to utilize a tablet, computer or smartphone.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record; not required for all positions
Your new career is just around the corner! Do not let this opportunity pass!!!