Matthews Marking Systems is seeking several strategic Global Product Managers to drive the definition, development and delivery of high-tech marking and coding products for consumer-packaged goods. This market space is growing and has huge opportunity for creative product innovation.
We are building new product offerings from the ground up and are transforming our business as we go. At the heart of this activity, you will apply your business savvy and technical prowess to merge market needs with company strategy to bring great products to market. You will drive the entire product lifecycle while having the autonomy to raise collective ideas, cultivate collaboration, influence others, and challenge the status quo. You will be building product management practices together with your peer product managers, learning and adding to your toolbox as you go!
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT?
- Collaborating with customers, engineers and marketing to develop the right hardware/software products for the right market?
- Defining the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for a product or product line?
- Being the SME for market and competitive conditions to scope out a product vision that delivers unrivaled value?
- Leading cross-functional teams to drive new product development and launch programs?
- Ensuring product performance over the full product lifecycle?
YOU WILL ENJOY:
- Leadership and ownership of your product line across international markets.
- An atmosphere of dedicated work ethic, upbeat solutioning, insatiable appetite for growth, where your ideas are heard and welcomed.
- Ground-breaking and challenging projects that pave the path for product position and growth.Being part of an emerging and creative team, backed by a global company with 160 years of experience.
YOU BRING WITH YOU:
- At least 8 years of hardware and software Product Management experience. You’ll get bonus points for industry experience in inkjet, industrial automation or manufacturing production applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Project Management expertise, Agile Product Management and/or application of the Pragmatic Marketing Framework.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Develops market insights through market, competitive and customer research.
- Crafts product strategy, product vision, roadmaps, lifecycle and release priorities that align to company goals.
- Defines target market segments and personas. Identifies and fully understands market/technical applications and develops use cases.
- Manages technical requirements and whole product definition, feature prioritization and defect/enhancement triage.
- Works with compliance and quality departments to understand and plan for regulatory requirements.
- Creates and manages product launch plans and leads cross functional teams for pre-and post-launch activities.
- Ensures sales, support and operational readiness for launch and ongoing product success. Trains support and sales engineering functions on product features and benefits for various application scenarios.
- Manages financial and market performance of product line(s), including unit and revenue forecasting and performance analysis.
- Establishes global pricing strategy and plans.
- Works closely with leadership to define the growth agenda and to develop plans supporting key initiatives.
- Provides subject matter expertise across the organization for target market intelligence and product applications.
- Additional duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews Marking Systems is a global supplier of printing solutions for product identification, branding, and traceability. We offer robust and reliable systems of unmatched quality for marking needs across packaging and industrial applications, including a full line of high-resolution inkjet, laser, and drop-on-demand valve jet technologies, high-performance inks, and integrated solutions for marking and coding automation. With over 160 years of marking and coding experience, we’ve established a global reputation as a premier innovator and manufacturer in the marking and coding industry. Matthews Marking Systems is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
New Product Development