Do you enjoy sales? Do the words “aggressive, hard working and entrepreneur" describe you? Then perhaps being a Bakery or Snack, Independent Distributor/Route Owner for Pepperidge Farm is your calling. You’ll make daily store visits to replenish products, add new products, and build relationships with Retail Store Managers. Bring your past experience (or simply an interest) in food, distribution, outside sales, sales and marketing, or as an account manager, account executive, store manager, and/or past business owner/entrepreneur to Pepperidge Farm. Premium products, strong support, and established, defined territories - in business for yourself, not by yourself, - Pepperidge Farm.
- Building relationships with Retail Store Managers ranging from convenience stores to large mass merchants
- Growing weekly sales by building existing customers while securing new ones
- Negotiating and selling additional locations, space, displays, and products
- Delivering bakery, snacks or a combination of premium products to your customers daily
- Replenishing shelves due to prior day’s sales and adding more locations and displays
- Completing invoicing, responding to billing questions, and reviewing contests and sales and marketing promotions
- Placing orders, reviewing new products, forecasting product needs based on promotions
- Utilizing the District Sales Manager for sales support, business planning and actionable ways to grow your premium distribution business
- Attending business meetings for education purposes and to learn about upcoming promotions
Our Independent Distributors/Route Owners come from a variety of different backgrounds. Success does not hinge on a precise work or education background. What defines winners is the combination of “will and skill." In addition, we have determined that some factors may enable you to jumpstart your success in this business opportunity.
- Outside sales rep, account manager, account executive, retail manager, store manager, sales and marketing, food or distribution experience is helpful but NOT required
- Financially accountable, desiring to invest in one’s self and future; can secure financing
- Strong interpersonal communication, sales, customer service, and negotiation skills
- Highly disciplined, aggressive, strong work ethic, self-starting entrepreneurial
- Only very basic technical knowledge is needed
- Ability to secure reliable, food distribution vehicle transportation (Business resource referrals available)
- Able to work from home office, use own computer with internet access for work purposes
Now you know that if you have the abilities and capabilities, then you too can be successful. Read on to learn the advantages of becoming an Independent Distributor (entrepreneur), Route Owner/Sales Rep for Pepperidge Farm.
- Earn weekly uncapped commissions upon delivery to your bakery or biscuit customer
- Financing available for distributorships; (in most cases, only 10 - 15% of the initial purchase price is needed at contract signing)
- Initial 2 weeks of new Distributor On-Boarding with a District Sales Manager Dedicated support services including18 hour/day Sales-Independent Distributor customer service center, website, field sales and marketing assistance
- Established, defined territories to service, manage, grow, and sell if desired
- Sales promotions, coupons, discounts, contests, and special displays designed to build relationships with your Retail Store Managers and drive more sales, at no cost to you
- NOT a franchise, but an independent distributorship where you decide how to best manage your business
- Many other phenomenal advantages awaiting you and your future!
In business for yourself, not by yourself.
Discover Pepperidge Farm
Note: past performance does not guarantee future results