Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Purpose of Job:
To drive the execution of UHG’s Enterprise Simplification strategy through assessment of current-state applications in order to identify enterprise strategic solutions across all product domains. This role will develop and execute a multi-year roadmap that includes migration to the selected enterprise strategic solutions and decommission of legacy platforms.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders to conduct comprehensive reviews of domain and capabilities and identify end state strategic solutions
- Develop multi-year migration/decommission roadmap in partnership with business and technology leaders
- Accelerate the discontinuance and decommission of application identified for decommissioning from the current enterprise assessment
- Set program/project direction and strategy, engage with Sr. Executives to ensure program alignment, and direct program team on turning strategy into action
- Define overall program structure including governance. Continually evaluates effectiveness of program structure and adjust as needed
- Develop and manage business plans to achieve objectives, effectively anticipates cross functional gaps/dependencies and resolves them before program timeline adversely impacted
- Provide project management expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocations, facilitation
- Ensure that all project dependencies/linkages are identified (e.g. technology, regulatory, NDA, cross businesses) and aligned/addressed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business, finance, technology, health care administration or equivalent work experience
- Advanced project management certification
- 8+ years of progressive technical project management and analytical experience
- 7+ years of experience with healthcare products from a business, technology, or vendor perspective
- 5+ years of experience delivering application build and data migration projects
- Solid strategic focus combined with operational, analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrated successful leadership skills in program execution
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in a cross matrixed enterprise environment
- Experience in business functions of the healthcare system such as Provider Management, Claims Management, Care Delivery, etc.
- Experience with SmartSheet
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent facilitation and relationship building skills
- Proven time management, organizational, prioritization skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent executive communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work and be successful in a complex matrix environment
- Ability to assess problems and implement solutions based on data analysis / fact
- Good team player and leader. Ability to mentor and coach
Travel Requirement: Less than 50% domestically
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.