To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dearborn, MI 48120
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Shift Manager - Railroad
AK Steel • Dearborn, MI
Posted 2 months ago
AK Steel is currently seeking an Operations Shift Manager. The ideal Operations Shift Manager will be able to direct a shift of production employees to produce steel while adhering to the company’s key values of Safety, Quality, Production, and Innovation.
- Supervise and provide work direction for hourly bargaining unit employees
- Conduct safety contacts, observations, and meetings
- Perform safety and quality audits/observations within the department to detect existing or potential accident hazards or quality defects
- Ensure adherence to safety, environmental, quality, and productivity performance standards
- Utilize a planned approach to continually improve products, processes, and services to ensure customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree in management, related field or equivalent experience required
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and communications skills
- Experience managing in a union environment and/or in heavy industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.