Genesis10 is seeking a Sr. Project Manager for a right to hire position with our client in Inver Grove Heights, MN. Summary:
The ideal candidate will use their strong experiences and discipline leading agile, iterative or waterfall projects. This role partners across functions, businesses and works closely within IT including application, development, vendors, and other key stakeholders. This role will initiate, plan and manage teams, issues, risks dependencies, organizational change and communicating overall status. This person should have a strong desire to be an effective leader as this role has the opportunity to influence and coach in an organization continuing to grow in its adoption of Agile practices.Responsibilities:
- Act as a leader to deliver high value software solutions that meets business needs and organization adoption.
- Create and maintain a project plan: identifying project deliverables, product releases, milestones and share team progress to the stakeholders.
- Identify, acquire and lead people and create a high performing team.
- Arranges, facilitates and schedules meetings, demos and decision-making processes to ensure that the proper collaborative process is in use
- Works with stakeholders and team members to continuously improve ensuring understanding of expectations in accordance with the project plan.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate practices to plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes when needed.
- Actively engaged in defining and managing action items, identifying issues and risks, adjusting scope, and identifying tasks necessary to complete planned work.
- Plans and coordinates testing environment deployments and application / system integration testing.
- Guides team in self-organization; encourages and motivates team to focus on iteration goals.
- Drives quicker delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity.
- Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Ensure defined delivery processes, required deliverables and methods are being followed.
- Maintain compliance with and enforce company's standard policies and procedures.
- Coordinating with other Agile/Scrum teams and program leadership.
- Supporting Agile team transformations and encouraging teams to adopt Agile values and apply practices.
- Occasionally work non-traditional work hours.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University is required
- Experience managing Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) Teams
- Experience leading change affecting process, people and technology
- Minimum of 7 years leading project delivery
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in Agile delivery and/or tools
- Minimum of 3 years' experience managing using project management methodologies and tools
- Minimum of 3 years Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Minimum of 1 year of budget (capital and expense) management experience
- Experience in formal techniques of risk management
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
- Knowledge of Agriculture, Energy, and Corporate functions.
- Recent experience with managing projects with organizational transformation.
- Experience working in ambiguity and helping others through change.
- Experience successfully delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Project Server
- Experience as a program or executive project manager.
- Experience using Microsoft Project and SharePoint as a workflow and management repository.
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master), SA (SAFe Agilist), SSM (SAFe Scrum Master) certifications
- PMP certification or other formal project management training.
- Knowledge of Agile principles and practices and capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge
- Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Management of projects with cross functional, business, infrastructure and applications teams.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Experience working closely with business teams
- Demonstrated communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in change management
Genesis10 provides access to career opportunities with over 40 clients in the Twin Cities. As the #3 ranked firm for Business and IT consulting in Minnesota, we offer a variety of opportunities whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions. Let's connect today!Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
• Medical and dental insurance available- including HSA
• Bi-weekly payroll
• Established consultant re-marketing program with our 50+ local clients!
• 401k plan
• Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
• Delivery Director for employee success and support
• Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional incomeAbout Genesis10:
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”
Project Life Cycle
Measure Project Progress
Costs For Projects