We are currently hiring for a Licensed Registered Nurse based in Branford, CT who can provide direct nursing care in an extended care facility for a select caseload of patients to in a supervisory role. Applicant should: oversee LPN and CNA staff, ensure a safe and orderly environment, prepare and administer medications, update care plans when indicated by pertinent patient observations, and directs patient care activities by interpreting and implementing health care policies and standards.
Candidate should hold an active CT RN License and should be prepared to work 3-11pm as a direct hire.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms and reports patient's condition to physician. Recognizes changes in patient's condition after medication and consults physician on changes or adjustments to dosage.
- Determines standards for quality assurance and control procedures.
- Assesses staffing needs in times of unusual circumstances and arranges coverage's. Identifies and evaluates nursing service problems and develops and implements appropriate programs and services.
- Assists physician in diagnostic and therapeutic measures. Administers medications and specialized treatment and checks patient's vital signs. Responds to life threatening emergencies.
- Collaborates with a higher level authority on the status of patients and provides necessary direction to nursing staff.
- Participates in patient discharge planning. Implements orientation and in-service education for staff on the facility's goals, objectives, and policies. Participates in off-shift and emergency admissions as needed. Purchases medical supplies and equipment for unit. Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities. Assists in screening, hiring, training and evaluating staff.
- Follows protocol for the safety and protection of patients and staff. Trains staff in universal and isolation precautions in the area of infection control. Monitors areas of health care facility to ensure proper procedures for infection control and quality assurance are carried out.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate in communication with other members of the health care team on care planning, evaluation and documentation of patient's outcome.
Required Education and Experience-
Holding an active License as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut.
Only qualified candidates who hold an active RN License and who can work 3pm-11pm should please send their resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse
or call the office at
and ask to speak with the Chris Richter. Thank you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.