JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. Ranges supported by JT4 include the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR), the Space Test and Training Range (STTR) at Schriever Air Force Base, the Utah Test and Training Range (UTTR), the Air Force Test Center 412th Test Wing (412TW) at Edwards Air Force Base, and Navy's Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD).
JT4 is supported by several teammate companies on the J-Tech II Contract. Together we develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments. We prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
We are recruiting for an Embedded Software Engineer to work within a research and development engineering group with responsibility for a wide variety of tasks. The primary tasking will be the design and integration of GUI software across a multitude of platforms. Additional tasking will encompass embedded software engineering for radars and other hardware which will also include design and analysis as required. We are looking for engineers who work well in both theoretical and practical domains as part of an iterative process to create innovative solutions for a multitude of software engineering challenges.
This position requires the following abilities which are usually performed within a lab environment but also in the field:
* Designs interactive Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) for user control of equipment
* Practices Agile and Lean software development
* Familiar with Visual Studio and .NET environments
* Understands Requirements Definition, Participatory Design, Usability Engineering, and Usability Testing
* Proficiency with C# and Visual Studio on Windows and Linux platforms is desired.
Additionally, performs as a lead on more complex engineering assignments. Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation, and maintenance of diverse software, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and systems. Performs generally as a lead of a development, sustainment, or operations & maintenance team on more complex engineering assignments.
* Independently performs a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks under generally established project deadlines.
* Completes design specifications, analyses, or design reviews for complex projects.
* Generates complete design specifications for more complex projects.
* Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
* Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
* Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
* Supports development of technical proposals and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
* Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
* Directs interface with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities; acts as liaison for design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
* Conducts site visits and experimental investigations and analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
* Performs other position-related duties and assignments as directed.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 14 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 10 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering with at least 8 years of related engineering experience. The incumbent must possess a well-established, substantial, professional reputation in one or more of the principal technical disciplines of the Company. Must demonstrate the ability to direct senior technical personnel in project assignments involving research, development, integration, and sustainment of complex systems or processes. The incumbent must use superior communications skills, both verbal and written, in day-to-day project activities as well as in briefing customers and in writing reports and proposals. The incumbent must possess planning/organizing skills and have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools. Incumbent will be required to qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and must have a valid, current state driver's license.
This position is based in Las Vegas, NV where nearly two million residents enjoy close to 300 days of sunshine a year. Residents can choose from a wide array of affordable neighborhoods and enjoy community events at local city and county parks and cultural centers. With our nearby state and national parks (Red Rock, Valley of Fire, Mount Charleston, and Lake Mead to name a few) within an hour of the city's center, Southern Nevada is a hub for outdoor enthusiasts. Of course there are plenty of dining and entertainment options on the famous Las Vegas Strip and many residents also enjoy sporting events at UNLV's Thomas and Mack Center or take in NASCAR racing at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Need to take a break from the desert? Within a radius of a four to five hour drive there are Los Angeles and San Diego offering shoreline activities or other fantastic attractions, and Utah and Northern Arizona offering remote mountainous splendors at the other end of the spectrum. Nevadans enjoy a unique financial benefit too; we're 1 of only 7 states with no state income tax!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Installations (Computer Systems)