Supports Legal Department in Cleveland, Ohio. Has responsibility for assisting lawyers in connection with general corporate matters, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, contract management and administrative support. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust’s mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of the AmTrust organization.
- Drafts and files with the appropriate authorities all charter documents with respect to the ‘life cycle’ of a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, etc. (such as incorporations and formations, foreign qualifications, dissolutions and mergers).
- Prepares resolutions and consents of boards of directors, shareholders, and/or managers.
- Maintains corporate records for certain U.S. subsidiaries of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
- Supports in-house counsel in a variety of contract and project matters, including assisting with updating and maintaining contracts in a contract management database and tracking projects working within our matter management system.
- Prepares closing deliverables for transactions; orders good standing certificates, certified charter documents and UCC/lien searches. Coordinates signature requests for corporate transactions, agreements and resolutions.
- Provides administrative support, such as sorting and distributing mail, processing legal invoices, booking travel, submitting expenses and handling copies, larger print jobs and mailings.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent degree
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate law department
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with business partners and stakeholders at all levels of the corporate structure
- Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to work independently and prioritize and handle numerous competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment, frequently under urgent deadlines
- Ease with working with documents and information in an electronic format
- Ability to handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly
- Experience assisting with labor and employment, litigation and real estate matters
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and DocuSign
- Flexibility with overtime
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Corporate Governance