POSITION - Union - Line Mechanic 1/C, 2/C Acceptable (Lancaster, NY)
NUMBER OF POSITIONS - 1
LOCATION - NYSEG-NY-LANCASTER
1. Under directive supervision does the most complicated construction and maintenance work on energized conductors, structures and equipment.
2. Must be able to make all types of polyphase transformer installations; do phasing and phase rotation on polyphase circuits; do distribution and transmission switching and sectionalizing when required; trace and clear grounds and opens on series circuits.
3. May be required to install instrument transformers; install, remove, connect or disconnect electric and/or gas meters and services.
4. Performs other related and less skilled work as directed, including operation of transportation equipment.
5. Directs work of other Linemen or Groundmen assisting him. (See Memorandum governing bonus pay for Chief Line and Lineman 1/C assigned additional supervisory responsibility dated 9/29/68.)
Skills and Requirements
1. Should have had at least three years' experience as Second-Class Lineman or its equivalent, as evidenced by an appropriate test.
2. Able to perform routine operations of moderate complexity and variety based on detailed instructions. Equivalent to about two years of high school.
3. Good working knowledge of Company's line practices and standards.
4. Good working knowledge of the layout and characteristics of the distribution and transmission lines in the area to which he is assigned.
5. Must have working knowledge of electrical fundamentals as related to transmission and distribution construction and maintenance.
6. Must be familiar with Company's Safety Rules, approved methods of resuscitation on or off the ground, and able to render practical First Aid.
7. Must be able to qualify for automobile operator's license.
1. Normal health, physique and use of senses as indicated by passing the required physical examination given by a Company physician, including color perception.
2. Strength and endurance adequate for arduous labor in all kinds of outdoor weather conditions.
1. Must be willing to work irregular and/or extra hours as required.
2. Must be willing to work under unusual or special working conditions and surroundings, as well as the normal working conditions pertaining to this job.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this URL blocked - click to apply
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at Phone number blocked - click to apply or Email blocked - click to apply