Doubletree - Grand Junction
$14.00 - $16.00 per hour based on experience.
The purpose of a SALES COORDINATOR is to answer sales office phones when sales staff is not available and respond to all sales inquiries accurately, timely and in a professional manner.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining and updating sales files in Sales Pro.
- Coordination of all groups as contracted by the sales manager/DOS. Contact and provide appropriate follow-up on all signed/contracted business within five (5) working days. Determine and coordinate all needs of the customer.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with the various departments to ensure that the meeting and related functions are executed to exceed the clients expectations.
- Maintains well documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management in order to serve client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Maintains file history.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Work with sales personnel to achieve required sales team goals.
Have current knowledge of hotel rates, strategies, discounts and promotions.
Assist with completing any required sales reports.
Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred. At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred. College course work in a related field helpful. QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic math functions. Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data.
- Computer knowledge required. Excellent knowledge of MS Office programs required.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Indoor work environment
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environmentPHYSICAL DEMANDS
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amounts of force frequently or constantly to life, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
- Customer Communications Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Decision Making