If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
Shift Lead - Licensed Veterinary Technician
Banfield aspires to be a practice where, as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine. And we believe hiring people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures permits us to deliver the highest quality of preventive care.
As a Banfield veterinary technician, you will work alongside pet health care industry experts to make a difference in the lives of the pets and clients we serve. With the chance to utilize your veterinary knowledge, communication skills, and love for pets, this role will afford you the opportunity to define a clear career path for continued growth and learning.
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- With each hospital function, assist veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Assist with surgeries and procedures in accordance with your state's Veterinary Practice Act outlined for credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicate with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer guidance on Optimum Wellness Plan® options, medications, and additional treatments.
- Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfield’s database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for population research.
- Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
- Assist Practice Manager in developing an efficient, productive hospital team that provides the highest quality care and service to the most pets and clients, following all Banfield protocols and practices, as well as all local, state and federal laws, focusing the team to achieve practice priorities while building our culture and brand.
- Support Practice Manager in hospital labor management
- May assist Practice Manager in the selection, training, and day-to-day supervision of the paraprofessional team
- Assist Practice Manager in creating an environment where a team can deliver quality, efficient and effective veterinary care to pets.
- Provide effective communication between associates, clients, hospital leadership and Central Team Support.
- Ensure all hospital associates adhere to Banfield dress and grooming guidelines.
- Prepare whole team on cases scheduled for the day, assist with any transfers of cases from day before or external referrals to provide continuity of care, triage the treatment board.
- Assist Practice Manager in identifying potential “bottlenecks” and formulating solutions to remove barriers in medical operations that would impede the doctors in providing world-class preventive care and client service.
- Confer with field leadership and assist with client resolution decisions, invoice adjustments and client experience exceptions.
- Address broken equipment issues and assist in inventory management.
- Assist with management of finances by maintaining accurate balances and utilizing proper opening and closing procedures.
- Quality check medical records, go-home medications, regulatory documentation, hospital cleanliness, and timeliness of doctors seeing exam room patients.
Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT)
Commitment beyond qualifications
Being a veterinary technician requires much more than AVMA certified credentials. It means bringing your talents, skills, dedication, and a desire for developing alongside your peers. But, most importantly, it means showing up each day with a passion for pets and working with others who believe preventive care is the key to helping pets achieve long and healthy lives. As we do with all our associates, we look to our vet techs to adopt our Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom. And, while your on-paper qualifications are of course important, we actively seek out vet techs who thrive on delivering outstanding client and pet experiences.
Your wellbeing matters.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose this profession. At Banfield, we believe it is just as important to support the well-being of those who devote their lives to this cause. Through our extensive network and support structure, Banfield offers a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and clients.
As a Banfield Veterinary Technician Shift Lead, we want you to take full advantage of work and play through:
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Company matching 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid parental leave
- 100% practice paid short and long-term disability – includes maternity leave
- Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular, and so much more
Potential as Big as Your Passion
Whether you are a newly certified or experienced vet tech, a job at Banfield opens the door to exploring the next best move in your career. We are committed to helping you grow as a vet tech by providing:
- Performance Development Plans (PDP) are designed to help you define and achieve your career goals
- Annual CE allowance
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities along with the opportunity to attend partner conferences
- Free membership to NAVTA, practice-paid subscriptions to VetFolio, and VetGirl. Fear-free certification discount.
- Ability to grow into leadership roles at the field and practice level
Support that helps you thrive
We’ve created a structure that includes leadership and support at the hospital level, in the field, and at our headquarters, all with one goal in mind: helping you deliver quality care for all pets.
Commitment to community wellness
Through volunteering efforts, and our programs designed to benefit local shelters and rescues, we strengthen the pet-human connections in our communities. Discover how we support the wellbeing of our people and profession through the Mars Volunteer Program (MVP).
So, what are you waiting for? Make your move and apply today!
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Banfield Pet Hospital follows all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
- Accounts Receivable
- Brand Identity
- Customer Service
- Federal Laws