Requisition ID: 150999
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is seeking a Mid-Level Structural Designer for Construction Engineering Services (CES). This role is located in Bellevue or Federal Way, WA, with the opportunity for flexible work. Looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of structural design and CAD production tasks related to temporary structures supporting construction operations. The Designer should have at least 2 years’ experience in engineering plan production, and be familiar with current technical tools, software, and CAD best practices.
Our CES group provides value to the success of our clients’ projects by designing and building temporary works which are critical to quality project design, cost control, and construction excellence. The engineering design tasks our CES group performs to help Kiewit build projects include: Bridge demolition, cofferdam design, critical crane lifts, girder erection, hoisting and jacking, deep foundations and dewatering, excavation support, marine engineering, MSE wall design, pile drive analysis, ductwork analysis, falsework design, temporary bridge & trestle, working surface design, and on-site Designer support.
ENR released its 2022 Top 400 Contractor rankings. Kiewit ranks No. 3, up one spot from last year's No. 4 ranking.
• No. 1 - Domestic Heavy
• No. 1 - Petroleum
• No. 1 - Transportation
• No. 2 - Power
• No. 4 - Working Abroad
• No. 20 - Domestic Building / Manufacturing
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process lead to safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our office in Bellevue or Federal Way, WA. Opportunities for flexible work are available.
- Work with our engineering teams to develop structural designs for temporary structures (steel, wood, concrete, manufactured items, etc.) supporting construction activities on Kiewit projects
- Provide additional support on civil and geotechnical temporary designs
- Use Revit, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D software to produce design for estimate and construction documents
- Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
- Follow company’s CAD and quality standards
- 2 to 4 years experience in CAD design and production of structural design documents
- Associate degree in Computer-Aided Design, Engineering Technology, or similar program experience
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD (2D and 3D)
- Additional proficiency in Civil 3D, Tekla, or Navisworks is a plus
- General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for structural and civil work
- Read and understand construction documents
- Ability to detail structural connections for steel and concrete structures
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with Engineers and Designers
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan and conceptualize
- Capable of recognizing conflicts and discrepancies with strong attention to detail
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Construction experience is a plus #LI-JANUP
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Architectural Drawing
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit