**This full-time position will be available starting in August 2022**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
We're fast becoming the nation's largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Complex Adult and Geriatric Fellowship Program: a joint venture between Optum and the George Washington University School of Nursing, this innovative twelve-month (12) fellowship experience will equip you with the skills to think critically and practice confidently in managing complex adults and geriatrics across care settings.
HouseCalls Nurse Practitioners conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members. A HouseCalls Nurse Practitioner will complete visits on members within a geographic area of responsibility. The nature of the HouseCalls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year.
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members. Average visit is 45-60 minutes in length. Assessment is performed and completed electronically. HouseCalls Assessment includes:
- Past medical history
- Review of systems
- Physical examination
- Medication review
- Depression screening
- Checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform members PCP of potential gaps in care
- Identify needs and opportunities to generate clinical referrals appropriately
- Identify urgent and emergent situations and intervene appropriately
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Compliance with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Successfully complete both didactic and clinical content
Fellowship Program Requirements:
- Ability to complete didactic work after normal busines hours in a virtual classroom environment in addition to completion of independent assignments
- Must pass all courses in accordance with the George Washington University standards
- Commit a total of three years to Optum, including the fellowship year
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a Nurse Practitioner degree from an accredited college / university or obtained degree within the last 18 months; degree must be obtained prior to start of employment
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain prior to start of employment
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANCC or AANP required or the ability to obtain prior to start of employment
- Family, Geriatrics, or Adult certification
- Must reside in the region hired
- Must meet the George Washington University’s admissions criteria
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology
- Home Health care or home visit experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and verbal skills
- Professional image and behavior
- Solid communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Proficient with electronic medical records, the internet and access to a personal computer
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to lift 30-pound bag in and out of car and up and down steps, as needed
- Ability to obtain reliable transportation in order to complete home visit assessments
- Ability to travel up to 10% within licensed states if requested (with notice, based on business needs)
- Ability to navigate public transportation, if required
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel, as needed, to perform physical assessment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, APRN, Primary Care, Internal Medicine, HouseCalls, Fellowship, Residency, Post-Graduate, New Graduate