Position: A&A Analyst
Location: Vienna, VA
Duration: Contract to Perm
Clearance: Ability to obtain and hold a Public Trust
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your most updated resume in Word document format as well as the best time and number to discuss further over the phone to Sarah St.Martin at Email blocked - click to apply
This role will support the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) of a federal civilian agency. The role will work within a team that supports a wide varieties of security activities including supporting third party assessment and authorization (A&A) efforts under the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), review security impact on change requests, review accounts for the systems under their purview, and other duties to ensure compliance with FISMA and other security requirements mandated by the agency.
This individual will provide information to the ISSO so that the proper documentation can be updated, to include the System Security Plans (SSP), Contingency Plans, Business Impact Analyses (BIA), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and other documentation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate meetings with contractor, Agency and third-party contractor staff to support A&A-related engagements.
- Track artifact and meeting requests and providing status reports on outstanding items to Agency staff.
- Coordinate with contractor and Agency staff to provide requested artifacts for A&A-related engagements in a timely manner.
- Review artifacts provided by contractor staff to ensure requested information have been properly provided and meet appropriate security/privacy requirements.
- Coordinate vulnerability remediation efforts with contractor and Agency staff in order to remediate findings within specified deadlines.
- Review policies and procedures for compliance with applicable standards; and to identify areas of improvement for finding remediation
- Identify key stakeholders in A&A efforts and ensure system documentation reflects current system security configurations to include hardware and software components, data flow, interconnections, and ports, protocols, and services, etc.
- Identify potential risks associated with system configurations and advise on mitigation strategies
- Participate in A&A status meetings and facilitate moving systems toward a successful A&A effort
- Assist customer program offices in interpreting and applying mitigation strategies
- Review documentation to ensure compliance with Federal cybersecurity requirements
- Conduct thorough reviews of all vulnerabilities, architecture, and defense in depth strategies and report findings in POA&Ms document to ISSO
- Maintain cybersecurity procedures and processes as assigned
- Able to analyze, interpret, and apply Federal cybersecurity guidance to customer needs
- Communicate the security posture of systems through designated reporting mechanism
- 5 or more years of IT Security experience
- Experience developing A&A documentation from scratch and performing assessments; RMF step 1 through 4
- Experience supporting ISSOs or acting as one
- Familiar with NIST publications, specifically RMF and NIST controls
- Familiar with dealing with defense-in-depth, and other information security and assurance principles and associated supporting technologies
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to review artifact and meeting requests and determine correct contractor personnel based on requested information
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently or as a member of a team.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: multi-tasking, critical thinking; and the ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately in a dynamic and fluid environment
- Experience working with Security engineering to review Nessus Vulnerability / Tripwire compliance scans
- Experience performing on-site cybersecurity assessments using Standards such as CIS Benchmarks, DISA STIGS, etc.
- Broad technical experience related to IT operations, networks, OS's, and system administration
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related field preferred and 5+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas: Cybersecurity policy, procedures, and processes, including RMF and NIST 800-53 and A&A's
- Experience using with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project), MS SharePoint
- One or more of the following certifications preferred (Security+, CAP, CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GCIH, or GSLC)
Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to starting work
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Giac Certified Incident Handler
Federal Information Security Management Act
Certified Information Security Manager