To coordinate health services, provide staff training and direct intervention to meet the health care needs of the individuals served in Residential Services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Provide nursing coordination for individuals served that meets their health care needs through periodic home visits.
2.Function as a liaison and advocate for the individuals served when dealing with physicians, psychiatrists and consultants.
3.Provide on-going health care training to staff.
4.Implement and train employees on new and revised health related policies and procedures in a timely manner.
5.Participate in regular pharmacy reviews with the consulting pharmacist and follow up as needed.
6.Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly paperwork and assessments of individuals served health care needs.
7.Ensuring that staff have called 911, respond by phone to medical calls of concern within 10 minutes of being called
8.Monitor the medical files of individuals served to ensure that all documentation is present and correct.
9.Participate in the Behavior Management Meetings, Human Rights Meetings, IHP meeting and other meetings as assigned.
10.Provide medication training and other state required healthcare related training as required for agency staff.
11.Order medical supplies on a monthly basis for all community residences.
12. Perform health screenings and medical assistance for assigned programs.
13. Attend the company-wide Nurses’ Meetings.
14. Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff/individuals we serve.
15. Will perform all duties necessary to meet state approved objectives, including the
requirement that the employee cooperate with Benchmark Human Services and staff from the Department of Human Services (DHS), the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) as well as the Department of Children and Families (DCF) in any inspection or investigation.
16. Maintain a valid professional license
17. Remain current in training offered by DDD (CPR/SFA) as well as those offered by Benchmark.
18. Other duties as assigned.
19. Ensure the health, safety and respect of individuals served
20. Reports to work as scheduled
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Order medical supplies on a monthly basis for all community residences
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Experience in community nursing.
2. Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and/or mental illness
2. Valid professional license
3. Drivers License valid in the State of New Jersey and auto insurance
4. Criminal background clearance
5. Clearance through Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, N.J.A.C. 10:44D
EMAIL RESUMES TO Email blocked - click to apply or Apply on line