?Global medical device company in Irvine is seeking a Staff level Mechanical Engineer to join their team!
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the design, development, and testing of electro-mechanical medical devices and accessories
- Generate test protocols, reports and supporting documentation for formal design verification
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide technical guidance to suppliers
- Drive development and design qualification for product line improvements
- Knowledge of and proven experience in design, manufacturing, and commercial release of electro-mechanical medical devices
- Established track record of delivering results in a high-energy environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated innovation, curiosity, and ability to tackle complex technical problems
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Strong design skills including 3D CAD solid modeling software and other analytical tools (Solidworks, Creo, FEA, Matlab)
- Hands-on experience with 3D CAD data management systems
- Deep knowledge of materials for use in medical devices
- Experience with DFM methodologies and a passion for delivering highly-manufacturable products
- Motivated self-starter able to achieve results with minimal direction
- Effective communicator
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and a minimum of 7 years of relevant engineering experience are required
- Experience with disposable medical devices is a plus
- Solid understanding of general manufacturing processes including injection molding, machining, thermoforming, extrusions, additive manufacturing, surface treatments, and various plastic part joining technologies
- Experience with SolidWorks or Creo Parametric CAD solid modeling software is required
- Hands-on use of finite element analysis (FEA) tools (i.e. Abaqus or Ansys) is desired
- Strong understanding of the ASME Y14.5M-2009 drawing standards
- Capability to quickly learn and interpret complex systems is required
- Ability to effectively collaborate as part of a cross-functional team is essential
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills are critical for success
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage time effectively
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 980649
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile