About the Company
Our client is a leading manufacturing organization looking to add an experienced Cost Accountant to their team. The Cost Accountant will have a proven track record of providing financial information for Labor Reporting, Bill of Materials, review of standard and actual costs for variances, as well as supporting other analysis and planning functions. The Cost Accountant will have direct visibility to executive leadership and will be provided the tools necessary to directly affect the overall business in a positive way.
As a Cost Accountant, you should have detailed experience in understanding the components of overhead cost, burden rates, company allocations to develop rates, work center, routing, BOM and work orders.
Specific duties in this Cost Accountant role include:
• Validation of cost for good sold for month end close
• Labor Reporting
• Analysis of capital budgeting requests
• Coding MRO's and PO's
• Physical Inventory
• Support general accounting functions that include journal entries, inventory analysis, monthly obsolesce review/reserve, monthly cycle accounting
• Other support includes analysis and planning as well Job Requirements
We are looking for an experienced Cost Accountant with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to effectively work both independently or in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific requirements for this Cost Accountant position include:
• Bachelor's Degree - Accounting, Finance or related field
• Cost Accounting
• Must have strong Excel skills with pivot table experience
• Corporate Accounting/General Ledger experience
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Solid computer skills
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Attention To Detail