This role is part of the Morris Site Reliability Group supporting plant operation and reliability improvement efforts. Working in a team environment, it carries responsibility for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks, and supporting day to day maintenance activities. The position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, maintenance, and capital project groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant reliability and performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Apply data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, and regulatory compliance issues
• Consult with peers at the site and across the company
• Serve as a resource and conduit to share best practices and leverage operating improvement opportunities across the site and company
• Provide technical support/expertise within your discipline in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability
• Participate in the development of design and installation specifications and commissioning plans.
• Participate in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria
• Maintain awareness of emerging technology, assessing applicability to improve reliability and performance, or to reduce maintenance cost
• Lead or participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis
• Manage risk to the achievement of an organization's strategic objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality, and production
• Provide input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations
• Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
• Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
• Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
• Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions
• Provide technical support to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups
• Lead interdisciplinary reliability improvement teams to guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls and safety systems.
• Implement Safety Instrumented Systems that meet availability requirements by translating Process Hazard Analysis requirements into technical design specifications and preventive/predictive maintenance plans.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
• The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
• The individual must have or develop basic proficiency in the following areas with the ability to develop into a subject matter expert in particular areas:
Basic understanding of industry codes and standards (i.e. IEEE, ISA, NFPA, NEC)
Instrumentation and measurement technology
Low voltage power distribution and controls
Safety Instrumented System specification, design, and implementation
Analyzers and sample systems
PLC maintenance and programming
Component failure analysis
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Nearest Major Market:
- Chemical Process
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Analysis
- Electric Power Distribution
- Electrical Engineering