Tier 3 Network Operations
Must have CCNA or CCNP
*** THIS POSITION IS FOR THE SWING SHIFT 3:00PM-11:30PM
This position is responsible for diagnosing and repairing failures of systems and networks in the Operational environment. This position is also responsible for performing actions to resolve technical queries from Collins Aerospace customers and Business Units. Works independently and exercises discretion to ensure deployment, maintenance and configuration of Networks results in exceptional customer availability.
• Provide Tier III Technical Support to the NOC ensuring uninterrupted unimpaired service of Transport Messaging and systems.
• Troubleshoot and provide engineering solutions for new service implementations equipment installation and configuration and fault restoration. Analyze issues to provide high reliability data communications.
• Provide technical assistance and support to a Cisco based MPLS network with 10 core sites and 1000+ remote sites.
• Assist and support the NOC Incident Management staff in fault isolation procedures.
• Provide operational support to implementation and engineering efforts within wide area network (WAN) and server farm environments.
• Work with onsite field technicians or service provider staff to isolate faults and correct any network or service affecting failure.
• Provide technical leadership to less experienced members of the NOC.
• Ability to work in a 24x7 operations center standard second & third shift with possibility of rotating weekends and on call rotation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Five or more years of experience and being highly skilled in the following: IP routing (BGP & OSPF); Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP); Network Address Translation (NAT) and Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN).
• Requires experience troubleshooting and configuring network hardware devices to include routers, switches, firewalls and servers.
• Experience troubleshooting technical issues that have been escalated to Tier II and Tier III support in a 24x7 hour operational environment.
• RF systems troubleshooting.
• Working knowledge of troubleshooting tools including sniffers, Nexus trace, Net Scout, and knowledge of basic UNIX command structure.
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a technical area or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
Border Gateway Protocol
Hot Standby Router Protocol
Network Address Translation
Open Shortest Path First
Multiprotocol Label Switching
Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Networks