Our client, a national real estate firm, is looking to add a Property Accountant to their team. Their portfolio currently consists of over 4 million square feet of existing industrial, office, retail, and multi-family residential properties; with an additional 3 million square feet of projects in planning or development throughout the western United States. This person will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
This position is primarily responsible for accounting operations for the company. This includes all day-to-day accounting, financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and working closely with construction accounting, asset management and leasing. As the Property Accountant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for all day-to-day accounting, reporting, and planning of the financial position and monetary results of property/entity operations.
- Review and/or prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for the properties assigned; ensure that all financial transactions are in compliance with applicable GAAP and tax regulations, or in compliance with management directives.
- Good understanding of and ability to ensure complete and accurate preparation of CAM reconciliations.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecast updates; fully support the revenue, expense, and fixed cost budget planning and forecasting by working closely with the construction and property operations team.
- Ensure accuracy of leasing information entered into the accounting system once tenants have been secured; review and extract key information on agreements and keenly discern what information the lenders require - what is needed and what is not necessary.
Key Selection Criteria
For immediate consideration, email a copy of your resume to:Matthew CruzExecutive Recruiter[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Property Accountant
- 3+ years of accounting, finance and related property accounting experience required (in property, land, or construction management).
- Bachelor's degree required (accounting, finance, or business-related discipline preferred); advanced degree or CPA desirable but not necessary
- Strong technical GAAP and real estate accounting experiences
- Fluency in various Real Estate software packages
- Retail/office accounting experience highly desirable
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles