$170000.00 to $180000.00 yearly
**Controller for International company**
Robert Half Finance is looking for an ambitious Controller to join a well-respected services company. This leadership role oversees an accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, you will plan and direct all accounting operational functions, manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for internal and external financial statements, assess accounting and internal control systems, and guide departmental staff. This company provides competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and strong opportunity for career growth. We are searching for an individual who can motivate others with a positive professional attitude; displays integrity, reliability and leadership; and can offer outstanding client services by managing self and other with urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also make key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a leader, you will encourage innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and support creativity in your area of responsibility. The full-time Controller position is situated in the El Segundo, California area.
Paying in the $175k/yr. range.
Please email resume to Eric Herndon at Email blocked - click to apply
. for confidential consideration.
- Advance Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, with research, planning and implementation
- Perform tasks associated with month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Act on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Assess deliverables of self and team to verify they meet client expectations
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
- Manage finance department operations, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Manage the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is on time
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills highly desired
- Consolidated Financial Statements experience
- Financial reporting experience
- Solid understanding of Annual Internal Audit
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
-SOX Internal Controls.
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Past work in technology, analytics and management experience highly valued
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- CPA required and/or MBA preferred
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Consolidated Financial Statement