Peraton has an opening for an Aerospace Engineer at the White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM. The Aerospace Engineer will join a team of engineers dedicated to maintaining the health and safety of the Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) fleet.
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex (WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
This position will be responsible for the following:
* Perform daily monitoring and trending of TDRS spacecraft state-of-health data.
* Develop procedures for performing spacecraft activities, including battery management, station-keeping maneuvers, and momentum unloads.
* Lead spacecraft activities as a Test Conductor, providing engineering guidance to the Satellite Controllers.
* Perform payload performance tests to verify the TDRS payload is meeting required specifications.
* Analyze and identify spacecraft anomaly root causes, then plan and execute recovery actions.
* As experience is gained, provide on-the-job training to peers.
* Occasional work during nights or weekends is required when executing activities or anomaly recoveries.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 0-2 years of relative experience.
* This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
* Active Secret security clearance.
* MS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
* 1+ years of experience in digital signal processing.
* Proficiency with Systems Tool Kit, FreeFlyer, MATLAB, Python, or LabVIEW.
* Previous spacecraft operations, design, or test experience.
* Experience with orbital mechanics, or attitude control.
* Experience with spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power sensors, and/or other RF equipment.
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with peers and TDRS management.
* Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
Salary Minimum: $40,000 Salary Mid: $80,000 Salary Maximum: $100,000 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
Colorado Salary Minimum: $45,800
Colorado Salary Maximum: $111,200
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
- Battery Management
- Digital Signal Processing
- Electrical Engineering
- Lab View