We create, integrate, visualize and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.
Michael Baker International seeks a motivated Transportation Planner to join our growing Planning Group in Baltimore, Maryland. We are looking for an energetic, talented, and technically experienced planner to support projects related to multimodal planning services, comprehensive long-range planning, transit planning, air quality and climate change mitigation, electric vehicles, resiliency, traffic and corridor studies, policy support and public engagement. The ideal candidate will:
- Provide direct technical support to project managers on a wide range of planning projects
- Collaborate and coordinate with a diverse group of clients and stakeholders
- Facilitate stakeholder outreach and public meetings
- Perform spatial and statistical analysis using ArcGIS
- Conduct research and prepare analytical reports
- Develop clear and concise written plans, presentations, and reports. This includes developing associated graphics, templates, and maps.
- Knowledge of multidisciplinary and multimodal transportation projects with State, local, or municipal DOT experience
- Knowledge of state and federal air quality, climate change, and vehicle electrification policy, legislation, and regulations.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and assess priorities as needed
- Look to constantly expand their technical and professional knowledge and experience
- Excel in a team environment while also exercising independent initiative and judgment
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography, or related fields; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) preferred.
- Proficiency with GIS Software and MS Office.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong analytical skills.
The salary range for this position is $56,886 - $118,527. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe In Design
- Adobe Photoshop