UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Be part of something daring and bold and help rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group!
We're changing the landscape of health care with people like you, who really know how to get down to business. When you join us at UnitedHealth Group, you will solve complex problems as you serve as a leader on an elite team. You will lead operations and project teams to reduce cost of care and ensure seamless delivery of operational commitments. You'll be in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone.
The Cost of Care Management Program Director is a key member of the UHC E&I Dental Specialty Team with direct responsibility for developing and driving medical cost improvement strategies for UnitedHealthcare Specialty Benefits Dental Organization. This includes analyzing dental cost utilization and unit cost data, identifying top trend drivers and variation opportunities, developing strategies across cross functional teams such as network, account management, and payment integrity, and leading the execution of those strategies. The ideal candidate will have strong analytic and organizational/project management skills as well as an ability to influence and leverage cross functional teams.
This position will support all lines of business to include Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare. Results are critical to this leader's success, as is a personal alignment with UHC’s core belief that an organization can manage cost and deliver quality and value to its customers.
If you are located in United States, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify medical cost affordability opportunities
- Develop, prioritize, manage, and execute affordability initiatives, owning end to end process
- Leverage local market, national, and functional (network, account management, payment integrity, etc.) subject matter experts to optimize the value of affordability initiatives across the organization
- Direct and influence cross-functional teams to adopt new ideas, solutions, and approaches
- Communicate affordability results and risks to plan to regional leadership
- Translate complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems outside own team
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Participate in the development of business strategy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 5+ years of overall professional work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing staff
- 3+ years project management experience
- Experience with client and regulatory audits
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Master’s Degree or higher in a healthcare related field
- 5+ years of experience in management and implementation of Utilization Management
- Dental experience in a managed care setting
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration, team building and relationship management skills
- Successful in obtaining results in a large corporate, matrixed environment
- Capable of gaining support for initiatives through influence and use of business rationale
- Reside in CA or MD market
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Cost of Care Management Program Director, Clinical Director, Healthcare Operations, Dental, Utilization Management, Clinical Quality, Vendor Management, Project Management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Columbia, Baltimore, Germantown, MD, Richmond, Norfolk, VA